Monday 26 August 2013

Sneaky Hugglets Preview and a Payments Question

Morning all!

Well, it's getting close to that time again for me; hectic Hugglets time!  I had thought I was doing pretty well as I started on the newbies way back at the beginning of July but of course I have under estimated accessorizing and photographing time... Ah well. At least I can show you a couple of new faces today. These are two of the faces in this years flyers (I'll leave them in the entrance hall) so they are pretty much done, thank goodness!

Robin is one of three sloths coming to Hugglets this year: I've modelled his face on my older style of sloth to keep with my general whimsical seaside theme. He's the biggest of the bunch, around 11" sitting, and currently has a little felt lolly (although I may have added to him by September 8th!).

Sammy has been in the works for some time but I only just finished his hand crocheted hat. Crochet is something I taught myself in America to distract from the fact that I still can't knit, and I do like working on little projects like this one! In addition to his hat, Sammy will be bringing his hand made felt ice cream cone.

I do have a question for people planning to come to Hugglets, and it's about payments. I was planning to offer Paypal payments via my smart phone on the day, but appreciate that not everyone has a smart phone or is comfortable using Paypal.  I can buy a card reader that feeds off of my iPhone, but wonder how people would feel about that? They're set up by HSBC bank.  I'd love to be able to offer a more immediate form of payment as I know a few people reserved critters the last time I was at Hugglets but didn't make the journey back from the cash machine in one piece...

Well, that's it for now! If you're not there already, please join me on Facebook where you'll get more frequent updates, snap shots and random queries!

Chloe and the Lugly's xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment